Intervista di Lij (in inglese) del 1994 - Elijah Wood Italy Forum

Elijah Wood Italy Forum

Il primo forum italiano dedicato ad Elijah Wood.

Intervista di Lij (in inglese) del 1994

Articoli di giornale, interviste video, files audio, tutti di Elijah. Immagine

Moderatori: Adele, Angel, FeFe°

eliyah
Utente EWI

Intervista di Lij (in inglese) del 1994

Messaggioda eliyah » 11/07/2008, 17:45

Questa è un'intervista che ho trovato su un sito dedicato a Lij... spero che sia roba nuova per voi

Nickelodeon Magazine Interview (Aug 1994 - Sept 1994)
Source: Blue

NM. What's North about?
EW. It's a comedy about a kid who's the best kid in school, and his parents don't appreciate him or pay attention to him. So he decides to find new parents, and he goes all around the world looking for them.

NM. In the movie, which was your favorite set of parents?
EW. Probably the Nelsons. They're a 1950's-style suburban family. I liked them and the Alaskan family.

NM. Did you film in Alaska and all those places around the world?
EW. No. It was all filmed on a set in Hollywood.

NM. If you could visit anywhere in the world, what would it be?
EW. Paris looks cool. And Venice- I'd love to ride in one of those gondolas.

NM. What's your favorite scene in the movie?
EW. A scene where I come to a field with a bunch of Amish folk. I land there in a private jet. They say things like, "Thou brothers art named Ezekiel." I say, "This is great, I've always dreamed of life without the ever-present nuisance of electricity." But then I say, "Just one second, I seem to have left my butter churn in the overhead compartment." And I get back on the plane and say, "Floor it!" The plane just zooms off. It's the coolest.

NM. Are your real parents anything like your movie parents?
EW. Not at all. My mom and dad pay attention to me when I talk.

NM. Have you ever thought about getting new parents?
EW. No. Well, maybe once.

NM. Do you have chores at home?
EW. I clean my room and brush out the dog. We have three bierded collies. And I take care of the rabbits we just got.

NM. How many animals live in your house?
EW. Three dogs, three rabbits, and two cats.

NM. How many brothers and sisters do you have?
EW. I have a brother who's 20, and my sister is 10. I'm 13.

NM. Do you get along with them?
EW. I get along with my brother a whole lot better than I do with my sister. She and I have a tendency to argue. But we also play basketball together.

NM. Who wins?
EW. My sister. She's really good.

NM. How do your parents discipline you?
EW. They take privileges away. Like, if I don't go to bed on time, I lose my late night on Friday, or I don't get to listen to CDs.

NM. What time do you go to bed?
EW. I'm in bed at 7:30. I read till 9.

NM. How did you get into acting?
EW. I was a model. Not a real big model, but I did fasion shows and stuff. One year, I went to a modeling convention in Los Angeles, and I was discovered there.

NM. What was your first acting job?
EW. Paula Abdul's music video for "Forever Your Girl". I played a business executive and sat behind a desk.

NM. How do you decide which roles to take?
EW. A script has to go through my mom first. If she likes it, then it goes to me, and I read it.

NM. Working on North, you must have picked up some good ideas on how to get your parents to increase your allowance while reducing chores. Any tips?
EW. The sad but true fact is, there is no way. I've tried.

Extra Facts

What's your favorite game?
Rebel Assault. It's a Star Wars game, and I love anything to do with Star Wars.

What an invention you'd like to see in the future?
A transporter. If you want to go to Disneyland, you just pack the family in the transporter and -boom- you're there. All it costs is two dollars each trip, and you can go anywhere. You just have to know the phone number of the destination, because you'd go through the phone line.

eliyah
Utente EWI

Re: Intervista di Lij (in inglese) del 1994

Messaggioda eliyah » 11/07/2008, 17:52

dice che vorrebbe andare a venezia e salire su una gondola...

Ed ho anche trovato i suoi gusti in fatto di ragazze in un'altra intervista del 2002:

"I really enjoy women who have a strong sense of themselves, who aren't afraid to speak their mind," says Elijah. "On a superficial level, I like girls with dark hair - I'm a sucker for that. And I prefer accents. If a girl has an English, French, Italian or German accent, I go crazy. (Franka is German and has dark hair. Coincidence?)

Traduzione (un po' da cani):
" Mi divertono molto le donne che hanno un forte senso di se stesse, che non hanno paura di parlare con la loro testa" dice Elijah " Da un punto di vista più superficiale, mi piacciono le ragazze con i capelli scuri, vado matto per questo. E preferisco gli accenti. Se una ragazza ha un accento inglese, francese, italiano o tedesco, divento matto. (Franka è tedesca ed ha capelli scuri. Conincidenza?)

Vabbè, non vale solo per la Potente, ma anche per la Pamela... le piacciono le straniere

Ho tutte le caratteristiche per cui va matto ::05:: ::07:: ::53:: Ci posso provare allora? hi hi hi hi... skerzo

eliyah
Utente EWI

Messaggioda eliyah » 11/07/2008, 17:57

scusate... non senso di se stesse, ma percezione di se stesse...
come dice il mio prof, spesso scrivo cazzate

vale88
Utente EWI

Messaggioda vale88 » 11/07/2008, 18:23

Grazie Eliyah, sai che queste due interviste non le avevo davvero mai lette.........la prima intervista anche se aveva solo 13 anni è davvero molto carina, è forte il fatto che anche a lui piaccia molto Venezia, io la adoro come città...............
In fatto di gusti sulle ragazze cmq lo avevo un pò intuito che adora o cmq prediligge un pò le more...... :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
... You are my sunshine, my only sunshine ...
kiss Elijah

eliyah
Utente EWI

Messaggioda eliyah » 11/07/2008, 18:45

ho tante altre interviste che neanche io avevo mai letto...
dai, le posto... forse le avete già lette.
Non le traduco, altrimenti divento pazza.

eliyah
Utente EWI

Messaggioda eliyah » 11/07/2008, 18:48

Qui un'intervista molto originale e interessante del 2005, che riguarda i 7 peccati capitali

7 sins

"There’s nothing wrong with a bit of bold sex."

"The seven sins? I know them very well." Elijah Wood takes a drag from his herb flavored cigarette, blows out a cloud that smells like ginger and sits up straight. "I was raised Catholic. Well, not that my mother wanted to make a priest out of me or anything." Fragile looking Wood, who, since the success of ‘The Lord of the Rings’ trilogy can call himself a word star, gives us a wide smile. "You could call me a catholic light."

When you watch his latest film, the violent footballdrama ‘Hooligans’, you wouldn’t be able to tell that Wood (24) has a catholic background. He plays an American student who travels to Londen where he gets involved in the world of football hooliganism. It doesn’t take a long time before he transfers into a fanatic fighter who loves to beat the shit out of people. "In a way, I can understand those hooligans", Wood says. "It does give you a huge kick." We think it’s about time for an extensive confession.

Anger
Humo: What drives a hooligan? Anger?
Elijah Wood: I’ve met a lot of real hooligans and the most fascinating thing about them is that almost all of them are living a double life. During the week, they take their kids to school and are going to work. But on Saturday, they transfer into real fight machines. From the moment they are sitting in the pub together or are going to the stadium, they feel the aggression sipping into their bodies that they really need to get out. And that means just one thing: fight!

I think hooligans are addicted to the adrenaline rush they feel when they are beating the shit out of someone else. And it’s not just the fighting that causes those rushes, they also enjoy the preparation. From going to the stadium, the atmosphere in the stadium, the teasing and hooting of the other team. But the most important moment of the day is of course the fighting.

I’ve seen it myself when I went to the game from West Ham against Millwall. I’m not a football fan but I was immediately drawn in to the atmosphere and the energy I felt. The fans of Millwall were hooting at me and shouting the dirtiest terms of abuse. And I have to admit that works great: within minutes I just started to hoot back at them (laughs). At that moment, I perfectly understood why someone can feel attracted to the lifestyle of hooligans. After the game, there were some heavy fights. But to make things clear: I was not involved in those."

Humo: You are short and fragile. Were you never afraid of those hooligans?
Elijah Wood: Not at all. Those men are really not more aggressive than you and me. They can behave very arrogant especially when they had a bit too much to drink. But I was never afraid of them. I just took part in the drinking (laughs).

Humo: ‘Hooligans’ is a very controversial film. Some critics are even calling it a recruitment film for hooligans.
Elijah Wood: The people who are saying that, don’t understand the story. I admit, my character, Matt, learns what loyalty means and what it means to stand up for your friends. But that doesn’t mean it’s alright to be a hooligan. The movie just shows that hooligans do have a lot to lose.
I like it a lot that Lexi Alexander, our director, has shown the fights in a very realistic way. You’re not getting a kick out of the violence, which is often the case in Tarantino movies. Believe me, this movie does not encourage people to become hooligans.

Humo: Have you ever hit someone?
Elijah Wood: No, I’m a very peaceful man.

Humo: So there’s never a moment when you’re getting mad at people?
Elijah Wood: Yes there is: when I see that my friends or family are treated badly. When I hear someone say something mean about my sister for instance, I can get very mad.

Humo: Aren’t you going crazy when someone yells for the millionth time ‘Frodo! Frodo! Frodo! at you?
Elijah Wood: I don’t have any problems with that. Of course, it’s not always fun that people I don’t know start talking to me but I do understand where it comes from. In fact, I only start to realize now how important ‘Lord of the Rings’ has been for a lot of people.

Envy
Elijah Wood: I think it would be awesome to be able to be part of a band like Radiohead, I have a lot of admiration for Thom Yorke. But I don’t really envy him. It’s already fantastic that I got the opportunity to meet him.
You know what I can be jealous of? Of people who can draw and paint. Taking a piece of white paper, sit down on a chair and create a wonderful drawing out of nowhere. I would love to be able to do that. On the set of ‘Sin City’, I was often looking at Arthur Miller with envy. Every now and then, he took his sketchbook and drew a scène in just a few seconds. I was so jealous of him.

Humo: When was the last time when you saw a movie and though: damn, it should have been me playing that part.
Elijah Wood: That almost never happens. Yesterday, I saw ‘Me and you and Everyone we Know’ and I loved it but that doesn’t mean that, while I was watching it, I was constantly thinking: shit, I should’ve been in that movie. It’s great the way it is, you understand?
I can even enjoy a movie when I’ve auditioned for a certain role but didn’t get it. A few years ago, I was auditioning for a role in ‘Rushmore’, but director Wes Anderson gave it to Jason Schwartzman. Well, that’s no reason for me to hate ‘Rushmore’. To the contrary, I love it and I think Jason has done a wonderful job! I know a lot of actors who refuse to go and see a movie when they did not get to be a part of it, but I’m not like that at all.

Sloth
Humo: We can’t really accuse you of being lazy. In the past four years, you’ve played in eight movies.
Elijah Wood: I like to work and I like to work hard. I’m also very punctual: I don’t think I’ve ever been too late on the set or for a meeting. But when I’m home and have nothing to do, I change into de biggest lazy-bones in the world. I just lie on the couch or walk around the house. And I’m surely not doing anything productive (laughs).

Humo: It’s remarkable that, since you’ve played in ‘Lord of the Rings’, you’ve mainly picked small, independent movies like ‘Ash Wednesday’, ‘Try Seventeen’, ‘Hooligans’ and ‘Everything is Illuminated’. Do you want to take some distance from the huge productions?
Elijah Wood: Yes. I’m still trying to kick off from ‘Lord of the Rings’. It was amazing to be part of such a big production, but now I prefer to concentrate on making smaller and more intimate movies. They also don’t take that much time to do.

Gluttony
Wood: I admit: I can be very greedy. Especially when it comes to music. I like to spend a lot of money on cd’s or records.

Humo: I read somewhere that you own 2.000 cd’s.
Elijah Wood: Correction: 3.000. I’m obsessed by music. When I don’t listen to music or going to concerts, I’m thinking about music or am talking about it.

Humo: I like to stuff myself with meatballs with tomato sauce. What about you?
Elijah Wood: Chocolate bars! I really can’t stay away from them.

Humo: What about alcohol?
Elijah Wood: I can have quite a lot but I’m not a alcoholic. At least, I tell that to myself (laughs).

Humo: I read somewhere that you’ve dressed up as Bacchus, the god of wine, once.
Elijah Wood: Yes, that’s true. In New Orleans, they have the yearly Mardi Gras parade in February and every year they ask someone to be King of Bacchus. Last year, I got the honor. They dressed me up in some sort of carnival suit and I had to sit on a throne and was ridden all over town. A wonderful experience but it would be wrong to say that I’m an excessive wine drinker. In fact, I rather drink whisky.

Humo: Your favorite drug?
Elijah Wood: Music. And chocolate bars.

Greed
Elijah Wood: I’m not at all busy with money. A satisfied nod from a director makes me a lot happier than a lot of money.

Humo: You’ve recently started your own record label. What are your plans with that?
Elijah Wood: O, I see that very small. I just want to give small bands I believe in an opportunity, that’s all. My record label is born out of love for music, not out of love of money.
I also plan to produce films. I see my work as a producer as something very pure: I want to help young, promising directors wherever I can.

Humo: It looks like Hollywood is all centered around the box office. Is greed the biggest sin of Hollywood?
Elijah Wood: I’m afraid it is. Most of the studio’s are owned by big multinationals who see Hollywood as the money cow. The result is that Hollywood is almost always producing bad movies.
But the systems starts to fail. Michael Bay (director of ‘The Rock’, ‘Armageddon’ and ‘Pearl Harbor’) just had his first failure. ‘The Island’ didn’t even make enough money to cover the costs. Action films are bringing in less and less money, I think that’s because the audience is slowly starting to get a bit more intelligent and longs for better, meaningful movies. Well, that’s what I hope at least. You know what my biggest wish is? That the audience would finally stop to accept everything what Hollywood is giving them and that they would go to a cinema where they show quality movies. God, let that come true!
But we’re not there yet. I notice that myself: I like to be part of small, meaningful films but it’s getting very hard to get them financed. The studio’s only want to invest in films when they have pretty much a guarantee that they would get their money back. The result is that a lot of artists are very frustrated these days.

Humo: Even Woody Allen has to move to England to make his movies.
Elijah Wood: Allen is not the only director who’s not very popular in Hollywood. Take Brian De Palma. He has recently made ‘The black dahlia’, an adaptation of James Ellroy’s book. The story is set in Los Angeles but De Palma couldn’t get any money for he project in the US so he had to move to Italy to make his film. That’s difficult to accept. Brian De Palma not getting any money anymore? Hello?

Humo: You just said that you’re not in the business because of the money. Pretend that they offer you ten million dollar to play the leading role in a Michael Bay movie.
Elijah Wood: I would not accept it unless the script is amazing. I’m not an idiot: I’d love to earn such a huge amount of money. But no way I’m even thinking about being a part of such a stupid Michael Bay film. I only want to take roles where I really believe in. And if that means that I’m stuck with small, independent films that nobody’s interested in for the rest of my life, than I can live with that.

Humo: Did your price go up after ‘Lord of the Rings’?
Elijah Wood: Yes, but that’s just in theory. I usually work for independent directors who can’t afford to pay me a lot so I’m forced to lower my price. I’ll never get rich like that (laughs).

Pride
Humo: You don’t seem to suffer from pride or vanity. To the contrary: you’re very modest. Is that modesty in your genes?
Elijah Wood: You have to thank my mother for that. She always made sure that I would stay away from vanity. I own my success to her.

Humo: You’ve been working in Hollywood since you were 7 years old. It doesn’t always end well for child stars: just look at Macauley Culkin. Why is it that things have never went wrong with you?
Elijah Wood: My mother again. She knew that I wanted to be an actor and she did everything to help me make my dream come true. She took me to Los Angeles and found me a good manager who could help me to get some work. But she always wanted me to become a good person. She has always told me that friendship and family are a lot more important than money and success. She also made sure that I wasn’t hanging around on the set after work. We always went home immediately when shooting was over so we also had a normal family life.

Impurity
Elijah Wood: As long as two people take a mutual decision to sleep together, I don’t see what’s wrong with that. There are cases where sex can lead to impure behavior. When you’re addicted to it for instance. That can lead to a lot of problems. But just making love: there’s nothing wrong with that even not when it’s a bit bold. A bit of impurity within a relationship is even healthy.

Humo: Shall we do a small test to check if you are guilty of impurity?
Elijah Wood: Bring it on!

Humo: When you see a very attractive woman do you go and talk to her or do you feel the need to drop hot wax on your private parts?
Elijah Wood: I would try to start a conversation with her. I have to admit that I’m not very skilled in that though. I rather prefer to meet women in a more spontaneous surrounding: in a bar or with friends. But just approaching a woman and start flirting. No, I don’t do that. At least, not often.

Humo: How would you describe an orgasm? Like the most beautiful sensation a human can experience or as the finger of Satan?
Elijah Wood: The first. Absolutely sure! I’m maybe raised catholic and in a certain sense, I’m also very religious, but after I had sex, I’m definitely not going to feel guilty.

Humo: How many people have shared your bed? More than two or less than two?
Elijah Wood: More than two.

Humo: What’s the perfect background music when you want to make love? Marvin Gaye or Metallica?
Elijah Wood: It depends. Although Metallica is never good as background music when you’re having sex. Stronger even: Metallica isn’t good for anything. (laughs) But I wouldn’t go for Marvin Gaye either, much too predictable.
I have to say that I almost never play music when I’m having sex. And if I do, it would be something from Chet Baker, Miles Davis, Billie Holliday or Al Green.

Humo: Pretend you’re in a hotel and you can hear the people in the room next to yours having sex. Are you going to listen to them or do you put some cotton-wool in your ears?
Elijah Wood: Hmm, I think I’m going to put my iPod on.

Humo: I think you’re getting a very average score: you’re not a perv but I wouldn’t call you a saint either.
Elijah Wood: I can live with that. To be honest, I can’t see what’s wrong with a bit of impurity, a bit of gluttony or anger or all those other sins. We all make ourselves guilty of those to some degree but that doesn’t mean we’re sinners. I even think it’s healthy to have a bit of sin in your life.

Humo: That’s exactly how we think about it. Go now in peace!

eliyah
Utente EWI

Messaggioda eliyah » 11/07/2008, 18:50

Un'altra intervista fatta in chat di non so quale anno

Jessica: You were here almost a year ago today.

Elijah: We did do this a year ago. Wasn't I talking about like you... guys were going to order pizza?

Jessica: We were going to watch a movie. Your memory is almost as good as mine.

Elijah: How nice to speak with you again.

Jessica: Everyone is so excited you are spending the next 30 minutes with us. How are you doing?

Elijah: I am in a car on the way to a hotel from the J.F.K. airport because I just got in from Paris.

Jessica: Let's catch up a bit. Do you still love your fellowship tattoo as much as you did last year?

Elijah: I am not regretting it. In fact it's one of those things that I see every so often. I don't really pay much attention to it as much as I did when I got it. It's one of those things that will always be important to me. It will be profound regardless of what happens to those relationships because of the importance of the experience.

Jessica: Here is one from Barbara from bra still. There are people from all over the world. Elijah, what was the most difficult thing for you to perform as a different character in the movie or was there trouble bigger than the behavior changes? Was it hard for you to adjust to the changes in Frodo?

Elijah: Sure. It was. I think what made it a challenge particularly was the fact that we were shooting out of sequence. We would - the schedule was changing so much as well, but we would shoot something from film three one day and film two the next day. So in terms of the evolution of that character, we were bouncing around quite a lot. That proved to be the most difficult aspect of actually, you know, changing the character over that period of time.

Jessica: All right. Do you think your role is more boring in the second movie?

Elijah: Do I think it's boring?

Jessica: More boring.

Elijah: Well, considering that the first one was incredibly boring -

Jessica: I guess they're asking the way your role changed, if you thought it was more boring.

Elijah: Well, I don't really think it's all that boring, but then again, you know, I am kind of interested in the psychological journey of the character. But if you are not, then it could very well be kind of a boring thing, and I can understand that.

Jessica: I seriously doubt it will be boring.

Elijah: I could see how Viggo would be more interesting in terms of the battle.

Jessica: All right. Well, this one is from darkringrider, a big fan of the trilogy. You have many adoring fans. I am one of them. Your role as Frodo and many others have inspired me to become an actress. It is because of you that I am living my dream. How do you feel knowing that everywhere people admire you?

Elijah: Wow.

Jessica: Lots of love for you here tonight.

Elijah: That's very sweet. When you put it that way, it's an incredible honor when people come up to you, particularly people that are interested in becoming actors or working in the industry. That kind of use you as an inspiration. I have gotten that every so often and it's always really sweet. It's also kind of an interesting feeling to get used to. It's not something that you do get used to, that you do have people out there that care that much about you because it's not something you think about on a regular basis. And it's only those kind of moments when people mention that or bring it to your attention that you actually do think about it. So it's sometimes quite a shock actually, to be honest.

Jessica: You do have a ton of fans. There is a huge audience here tonight.

Elijah: Wow.

Jessica: All excited to have you here. Speaking of your talented self, this one comes from gigi943242.

Elijah: That's a lot of numbers.

Jessica: In the acting categories at the academy awards, I think that "Lord of the Rings" should have had more nominations. Do you think that this year will be different?

Elijah: I don't know. I wouldn't even want to wager a guess. I think that the movie will be nominated again for technical achievements because it's kind of a shoo-in for those kind of awards because of the fact that it's so kind of epic in its scope. It succeeds in terms of its aim to be kind of technically brilliant. But in terms of the actors, I don't know. I wouldn't know. I wouldn't want to know.

Elijah: Thank you.

Jessica: Speaking of awards shows, do you like attending awards shows? The carpet can be so maddening.

Elijah: Yes, well, I don't really. That's a good question, and I will be completely honest. I am not a huge fan of awards shows. It's a little - it can be a little overwhelming and it's not - it was fun for "Lord of the Rings" and I enjoyed the process, the first couple of times for the first couple of award shows, but once you've been to five in a row, it's a lot of fanfare that gets kind of old, especially if you're not particularly interested in the awards. I don't find it to be all that important. I would rather be home watching those kind of things on television. To be honest.

Jessica: Well, we all wish you best of luck.

Jessica: It probably seems a lot shorter from home.

Elijah: My God, the Oscars were - I think it was like five hours.

Jessica: They were really long.

Elijah: I was nearly falling asleep on camera. It was funny.

Jessica: Here is one from kuby27. Which talk show is your favorite to be a guest on and why?

Elijah: That's a good question. Probably the Conan O'Brien show.

Jessica: Isn't he great?

Elijah: He is awesome. I love watching the show. It keeps getting better and better. He is a really sweet guy and very funny, too. It's also a little bit looser, that show in terms of what the actors or the guests have in terms of responsibility. It seems like the format is a lot looser and it doesn't feel so intense.

Jessica: It's on later at night.

Elijah: Letterman can feel intense. As great as it is, there seems to be a lot of pressure on you as a guest.

Jessica: Here is one from dancegirl 0002. Which of the three series of "Lord of the Rings" is your favorite?

Elijah Wood: The third, "The Return Of The King" will be the best. I mean it's my favorite part of the story, add I feel like - and I feel like it will be the best film, mainly because it comes to an emotional peak. It's at its most intense, the characters reach their end, you know. It's the conclusion for everybody. But at the same time, it's just so unbelievably sad and emotional. I had such fun acting that particular part of it because for Frodo things get really, really dark. That was fun exploring that side of things.

Jessica: Here is one from vegechica 86. She says I am Amanda. I heard you had to return to New Zealand to film more scenes for "Lord of the Rings." What was it like seeing everyone again, and Elijah, I think you are a very talented actor and very good-looking, too. Had to say it.

Elijah: Thank you.

Jessica: So what was it like seeing everyone again? Was it a reunion?

Elijah: It was awesome. It's always awesome going back. There is an intense feeling of going home because we have spent so much time there, going back to Wellington, it literally feels like going home. We catch up with so many people and have breakfast at our favorite breakfast spots. Those little things mean everything to us. It's also just great to see all the cast again and all the old friends on the crew. O it was wonderful. And we are going back next year which is going to be both great and kind of sad in the sense that it will be the last time that we actually are called on to film new material for "Lord of the Rings." It will be a bittersweet experience.

Jessica: You still have a year, another year.

Elijah: That's true.

Jessica: Enjoy it. Everyone wants to talk about the video game. This one comes from Georgie9, he says let's talk about the new video game. Is it weird that people everywhere will be controlling a video image of you that has your voice?

Elijah: No, I think that's cool. It's fun. I love video games myself. So if I can actually be a part of it as a character, then you know, it's kind of a dream come true to a certain degree.

Jessica: When you play the "Lord of the Rings" game which character do you play?

Elijah: I play the Aragorn character, but apparently in the next game, you will actually be able to play Frodo.

Jessica: You can play yourself. Here is one from rings9. We all knew that the ring has the power to make the wearer invisible. If you could be invisible, where would you go and what would you do?

Elijah: If I could be invisible, where would I go and what would I do? You know, this sounds kind of interesting. Maybe - because I've had this question before.

Jessica: I asked you it last year and I wanted to see if your answer had changed.

Elijah: And it's going to change. I've got a new idea. Put the ring on, completely disappear and just step into planes and take free flights around the world.

Jessica: Yeah?

Elijah: You see, so you don't have to pay for transit?

Jessica: You could travel everywhere. That's a very economical and adventurous answer. Last year you said that you would go to Disneyland and hide when it closed.

Elijah: That's right.

Jessica: Which I thought was also fun. You have talked about bonding with the cast. Has there been a time recent when you thought to yourself wow, this is a perfect moment and that's from Jenny.

Elijah: Yeah, I - I don't think there is ever such thing as a perfect moment, but I think that there are incredible moments and I feel like I am all the time, be it moments that I have with my friends where I am going out, and, you know, I recognize how great my friends are and how close we are. In terms of the entirety of the moment of the - that these "Lord of the Rings" movies are out and things are going so well, I can certainly recognize how fantastic that is, but I tend to appreciate all of the moments that make up the bigger picture. And I feel like I am constantly saying that. Which is pretty damn good.

Jessica: Here is one from daystar. I heard New Zealand is beautiful. Is it really that amazing?

Elijah: Yes, it is. It really is. We keep talking about how great it is. I hope we don't, you know, build up the image of New Zealand so much that people go out to New Zealand and it's not nearly as good as they expected it to be, but it's beautiful. I don't think you can overhype New Zealand. It's incredible. It's one of those places in the world that is largely unspoiled by the modern world in terms of population, buildings, things like that. It's nature is kind of wild and free, particularly in the South island. So it's one of those kind of magical places that feels like it's untouched by the rest of the world.

Jessica: That's exactly how it looks on film. Rare to find places that are not tainted anymore. This one is from sunshine7342 who submitted a load of questions, a big fan. We all heard about how you like to surf but what about your other hobbies? P.S., if you say photography, you get extra points.

Elijah: I get extra points then because photography is something I am interested in, but I don't pay nearly enough attention to it. I am still kind of working on that. The problem with me is I love so many different things and I get a little bit scattered, and I start to lose focus. And that makes me slightly lazy. But there's tons of things I am interested in. Video editing is another that I am now getting into. I really want to kind of work on that, for possibly taking that somewhere in the future in terms of making films. I am still a music nut, so I collect music constantly. I mean, I certainly consider that a hobby. Yeah, there are all sorts of things I am interested in.

Jessica: This one is from cc4, and she says, this Friday is Friday the 13th. Are you a superstitious person?

Elijah: I am not a superstitious person, really. Although there are certain things that I won't do, like I won't walk underneath a ladder.

Jessica: Why tempt it?

Elijah: Exactly. But I wouldn't necessarily consider myself superstitious to the point where I did walk under a ladder that I would be worrying about it.

Jessica: By the way, is it just me or have we had like five Friday the 13th this year.

Elijah: Have we had one?

Jessica: I just feel like there is always one just coming up or just past.

Elijah: I love the idea of Friday the 13th. I think it's great. Anything that is slightly shady and freaks people out. That's probably why I am into horror movies as much as I am.

Jessica: Did you see "The Ring"?

Elijah: That made me smile. What a great movie.

Jessica: I hope the sequel is as good as the first. I hope they do the sequel. Have you seen the Japanese version? So there we have an Elijah Wood movie recommendation.

Elijah: There you go.

Jessica: Speaking of special days in the near future aren't we getting close to your birthday?

Elijah Wood: We are, January 28.

Jessica: Any big plans?

Elijah: Last time, I said I was going to Vegas. That never happened. This time I've got another harebrained idea that I am sure in keeping with the fact that I didn't do anything last year, I probably won't do this either. But the plan at the moment is to go to Hawaii for a week.

Jessica: You can go surfing. That would be so much fun.

Elijah Wood: Wouldn't that be cool?

Jessica: The waves are better in the winter.

Elijah: I know, exactly.

Jessica: Here is a question from Toby1158. What other movies are you working on right now? You have upcoming projects, right?

Elijah: I do. I did a movie called "Try Seventeen" that comes out sometime next year. And there is a movie called "Thumbsucker" that I am probably going to start working on sometime in the new year. But other than that, there is nothing actually happening at the moment. I kind of took the summer off to just enjoy some free time with friends, which was kind of totally necessary, especially to lead up to this whole mayhem. But this has been fun, too. I feel like I have been working on this press junket for two years.

Jessica: Yeah, because you are all over the world, right?

Elijah: Yeah. We started like early crush in November, the actual trip didn't start until the first week of December. But it still feels like it's being going on for a while. It's been fun, though.

Jessica: Yes, it was awesome.

Jessica: It can be stressful, though. I've been there.

Elijah: I haven't slept at all. I got 2 ½ hours of sleep the other night and I had to do a whole day of television, press interviews in Paris.

Jessica: We will have to try to look at those clips.

Elijah: Yeah, exactly. Look out for the European press and see how dog tired I look. I managed to pull it off OK though.

Jessica: Here is one from fonz 518. Hello, Elijah. You are my idol because all of the hard work and determination you have. What in your opinion was the biggest physical challenge in making "The Two Towers"?

Elijah: The biggest physical challenge was getting through the challenge of the endurance of the schedule, the length of time that we were in New Zealand. The schedule was constantly changing and the hours that we were having to deal with and halfway through the movie, we were doing like six-day weeks. It was just - there was an intensity to the process that after the first, like, three or four months, it starts to wear you down, and when there is no sign of it letting up, it literally takes quite a lot of strength to push yourself through and keep yourself motivated and passionate about the film.

Jessica: Well, I have to ask this question because it's the most-asked question tonight and the girls would kill me if I didn't. I think that nina42 put it best when she said is there a special girl in your life?

Elijah: At the moment, there is not. That was probably the best way to ask.

Jessica: I think you just made 10,000 people's days by that one sentence. So here is one from diva. Did you ever not want to be a hobbit and play a different role?

Elijah: In the film, probably not, no. It's funny because it's only recently that people started asking me that question. I love Frodo, I wouldn't want to be any of the other characters. I love a lot of the other characters as well, but I wouldn't want that responsibility. I enjoyed the responsibility that I had. That kind of internal struggle and the fact that he is a hobbit. I love hobbits. I relate who hobbits quite well.

Jessica: We've got time for a couple more questions. This one comes from toro 5girl, speaking of upcoming projects, has it been difficult to move on to other projects after you completed "Lord of the Rings" given that it was such an unprecedented experience?

Elijah: It hasn't been ease dwroy jump into other things - easy to jump into other things particularly smaller movies. Right after I did "Lord of the Rings" I didn't want to work at all, but when I did want to work and projects started to become available, the idea of doing something smaller and completely different from "Lord of the Rings" was really exciting. Kind of a relief. It was nice to be on something that was a little bit more focused and not as massive in scale and just simply not as long, two months to do a film was kind of a relief. So in that sense, it was, you know, it was good to get back. But hard in the sense that I had been away from - I had been in that comfort zone of "Lord of the Rings" for so long. It was difficult to imagine myself on another project. So from that perspective in a lot of ways, it was actually difficult to move on because it meant that I had to kind of break free of that zone and put myself in a different head space.

Jessica: Ok, well, here is a really fun question from what an angel 181 who was been following your career. Did you have fun spending time with the Osbournes? You were on an episode last season. That was fun.

Elijah: It was cool. The Osbournes are great. I haven't seen them in quite some time. I saw Jack recently at a party in Los Angeles. He organized some crazy party and it was very funny. He is a character. I haven't seen Kelly in ages. I actually saw Amy a while ago. But they're fantastic. I love the family. I think they're very sweet and incredibly - it's odd for a television family that are seemingly so controversial. I feel like they represent the truth in what a family is all about more than most realityshows would or even fake television programs. That try and capture that essence of what it means to be a family. I think they capture it better than anything.

Jessica: That was a funny episode that you were on because you were cleaning -

Elijah: Cleaning up urine.

Jessica: It's not a fun activity.

Elijah: What you didn't say later on is that we made ramen and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Host Jessica: How could they leave that out?

Elijah Wood: It's not as rock'n' roll.

Jessica: Two more questions. This one from Phoebe. She asks, what is the most interesting celebrity gossip that you've seen in a magazine that's caught your eye lately? Do you think it's funny?

Elijah: I don't know what's going - I don't know what the new gossip is. I don't know. You know, I think the J.Lo - Ben Affleck.

Jessica: It's all of that and Britt knee-Justin.

Elijah: I could honestly not give a - some of it is interesting on a pulp level but I find it offensive that it reflects on us that we as a society are fascinated by other people's lives and need that kind of information and it's more sensitive when you are kind of in the middle of it and you recognize that that could kind of be you at some point or people could be that interested in your private life and it's a weird thing. It's bizarre. I still find it incredibly strange, the breakup of Brad and Gwyneth made the front page of newspapers. That's our focus? That's kind of sad.

Jessica: I can't decide which would be more frustrating, hearing a story about you that's not true or having the press find out something juicy that is true. I don't know which would drive me more crazy.

Elijah: It actually drives you more crazy when they print something that's true. I find the stuff that's not true to be really funny and easy to - because you are in a righteous position at that point because you know you had nothing to do with it or whatever it is they're printing is completely false. It puts you in a position of, you know, freedom. Even though you feel like if it's something really intense, you have that moment where you feel like you have to speak out against it. Most of the time, I don't even care. I think it can be really funny. Especially when they put you with, like, in terms of dating, they put you with people that you would never have dated. Why would they ever write that?

Jessica: They're like Elijah Wood and Christina Aguilera.

Elijah: Some stuff is so good you don't want to contest it. You want to let people believe what they want to believe.

Jessica: The last question is from hemesyvenom.

Elijah: What a story there. Like evil cognac.

Jessica: Reminds me of a snake or something.

Elijah: That's strange.

Jessica: Do you think that "The Two Towers" will leave people wondering what is to come next?

Elijah: Like the first movie, it does achieve that samekind of feeling of what is the last or what is the next chapter going to reveal? However, this film - I feel "The Two Towers" actually leads into the third movie a lot more than the first into the second. It's much more of a cliffhanger ending. The scenes in this movie kind of - it kind of - it moves you forward and progresses you forward more into the third than the second because we are in the middle of the journey now whereas at the end of the first, they were about to embark on their journey. Whereas right now we are in the middle of one giant progressing story. So I feel like this movie actually leads into the third quite a lot more than the first one. Which is great, but also really frustrating for those that can't wait to see the next movie.

Jessica: I was just going to say if they're that frustrated they can read the book. So they have that option. Well, I am so sad because we are out of time. Elijah, I think you are my favorite AOL guest ever. I think the audience will agree with me. Thanks so much for chatting with you.

Elijah: Thank you. Wait, you still have my e-mail address.

Jessica: I do.

Elijah Wood: You should e-mail me and don't pay attention to the fact that I don't reply because I am an idiot.

Jessica: OK. Well, I can't wait to see the movie on December 18. That's like six days and six hours from now.

Elijah: Wicked. It's very cool. I am sure you will love the film.

Jessica: Is there anything you want to say to your fans? I wish we could have gotten to more questions.

Elijah: Thank you all for waiting in line. It's such a thankless thing when everybody gets in the chat room together and there is not any way for all the questions to be answered. So I appreciate everybody waiting around, even if they didn't get their questions answered. Thank you for your support and your love. And enjoy the next "Lord of the Rings."

eliyah
Utente EWI

Messaggioda eliyah » 11/07/2008, 18:52

Intervista in chat di Lij che risponde alle domande dei suoi fan (1995). Molto carino, anche se ci impiegherete un po' di tempo a leggerlo...
Tutte le altre le posto domani...

OnlineHost: Guest EJW has entered the room.

Guest EJW: Hey everybody!

Rae1928: I take it the Guest EJW is ...you Lijah?

Guest EJW: Yeah, it's me.

Wolftrak25: Hello Elijah, hope this is fun for you...

Guest EJW: this is fun for me, I've wanted to do this for a while.

AMovieFan1: Hey Elijah, clear this up: Do people actually call you "Lij"? Just wondering. :)

Guest EJW: amovie, yes.

MarkNucera: I have a good question to start off this shin-dig, have you ever been on AOL before?

Guest EJW: no, mark

Rae1928: Okay Elijah Do you wear contacts?! : )

Guest EJW: yes, Rae

Moosiemoo: I'm Justin

Guest EJW: hi Justin.

JDAhmanson: Elijah, one more time: How do you pronounce your name: "Elizha" or "Elidja"?

Guest EJW: Elidja

Wolftrak25: I'm Carl: How has your "hiatus" been going for you??

Guest EJW: hi carl. lot's of school, lot's of sports and lot's of fun

Rae1928: EW: Have you ever been to my home state of Maine?

Guest EJW: Rae, I've never been to Maine

Lionrobby: Elijah, I've noticed you sign "God Bless You" on autographs, What religion are you?

Guest EJW: lion, I'm Christian

Wolftrak25: Sounds good, Are you looking to get back to work or taking some more time off??

Guest EJW: I was ready to get back to work yesterday!

Weirddrm: What kind of sports do you play? My name is Matt

Guest EJW: Weirddrm, I like to play basketball, rollerblade, hockey, football and baseball

JDAhmanson: Andy: The question everybody's dying to know: Are you going to be working on "Flipper" or any

Guest EJW: Andy, I'm not sure on Flipper yet.

MarkNucera: Have you ever had a major disagreement with a screenwriter or director?

Guest EJW: Mark, never had a major disagreement...

JDAhmanson: EJW, How tall are you now?

Guest EJW: J.D., I'm about 5'4

Rae1928: Yep, um which place did you like better...Iowa or CA?

Guest EJW: California by far!

Rae1928: uh..thats cause you haven't been to Maine! j/k : )

Guest EJW: laughing

JDAhmanson: EJW, What are your career goals? Would you like to do comedies, or hard gritty films?

Guest EJW: J.D. I would like to do both. I prefer drama.

CRJ5580844: O.K., my question is, have you ever been to Virginia?

Guest EJW: no, I've never been to Virginia

MarkNucera: Okay, I am a young screenwriter, 15, and many people that count think I have extreme talent. So I have been making draft after draft and I am pretty close to show it to castle rock. Do you think they will look at it, no matter how good it is, with my age and all?

Guest EJW: Mark, definitely, if not at first...be persistent!

Kellydance: okay. Elijah what do you look for in a girl, and would you date a fan?

Guest EJW: Kelly, I like people to be real and honest.

Becky6244: howwwwwwwwwwwd you get started???????

Guest EJW: Becky, I got started out modeling in Iowa...came to L.A. for a convention and was signed by a manager.

HolmsTaylr: What do you consider your favorite role to have been

Guest EJW: Holms, Stuart Simmons in The War was my favorite because of the challenge and the role

Wolftrak25: Elijah, Was wondering what projects you are considering?

Guest EJW: Wolftrak, a movie called "Lessons in the Tick Code", "Maniac Magee", and "Flipper".

Moosiemoo: Ahh, What TV and Music are you in to... Books too?

Guest EJW: Moosie, My favorite TV show is Under One Roof. I love all types of music. And I like classic books.

AMovieFan1: What do you feel your relationship with your fans is? Are you sometimes frightened by the popularity and attention you are getting?

Guest EJW: AMovie, I feel uncomfortable when I'm treated like I'm better than others, because I'm not. And everybody has to have some fear these days.

Weirddrm: Elijah, who do you look up to and admire?

Guest EJW: Weirddrm, I really admire Tom Hanks as a person and as an actor. I also look up to and admire George Lucas for his creativity and intelligence

MelEli: ok! Lij, do you get mad when an over obsessed fan comes up to you and annoys you?!

Guest EJW: MelEli, I don't get mad...because I know they want to meet me and I understand their feelings. It makes me feel good to make them happy.

DanIbs: Scene The War, your father just died, how much practice does it take, and how many takes?

Guest EJW: Danlbs, it took about 5 takes and about 2 practices.

Yeti667: Elijah: Hi! In your opinion, what makes a good director? -> Calvin aka 'Yeti'

Guest EJW: Calvin, I think to truly be a good director, you have to be open to all points of views.

Guest EJW: You have to be really creative.

Elijah4648: How do you deal with criticism/ bad reviews of your work or movies you're in?

Guest EJW: Elijah4648, I don't let criticism get me down. I just do my best.

Elijah4648: And your best is pretty darn good! Thanks!!

Guest EJW: Thanks Elijah4648

JDAhmanson: Andy: Among your contemporaries, who would you most like to work with?

Guest EJW: Andy, I would most like to work with Tom Hanks or Robin Williams.

RogerWilk: hi Elijah did you enjoy doing Huck Fin

Guest EJW: Roger, yes I did. I thought it was an honor to play such a known legend.

JDAhmanson: Elijah, did you get to talk to George Lucas much when he visited the set of "Radio Flyer"?

Guest EJW: JD. Yes I did. How did you know he visited the set?

JDAhmanson: I read a lot. ;)

Elijah4648: Elijah, did you want to ask US any questions?

Becky6244: yeah, don't u want to know your fans opinions?

Guest EJW: OK everyone....should I do Flipper?

DanIbs: How is the script ?

Guest EJW: The script is average.

Wolftrak25: What's the script like?

Guest EJW: Those who say no...why?

Yeti667: Free Willy again...

Guest EJW: I think it could be good.

Guest EJW: Besides, I want to play with the dolphins : )

Guest EJW: You never know, when you read a script, how it's going to turn out.

TH Toogood: You're ALWAYS being compared to Macaulay C. How does that make you feel? You're obviously a better actor

Guest EJW: TH, Mac and I do different types of movies. He does more comedy, I do more drama.

Rae1928: Oh Yes! Okie dokie...what's the weirdest thing you've done?! : )

Guest EJW: Rae, I don't know...I jumped in the pool with my clothes on once. I talk in a funny voice a lot.

Rae1928: Sorry that was a hard question, Lijah!

Guest EJW: it's OK Rae.

MarkNucera: Elijah, have you thought of by-passing college, I mean ever?

Guest EJW: Mark, I have never thought of ever by-passing college.

Lionrobby: Elijah, last year you were at the academy awards, how much notice were you given before you appeared

Guest EJW: Lion, I was informed about 3 days before the show.

Wolftrak25: CARL: Elijah, do you wanna stay an actor or are you anxious to direct and write?

Guest EJW: Carl, I would like to do everything!

Elijah4648: Elijah, do you collect anything?

Guest EJW: Elijah4648, yes...I collect Star Wars action figures and memorabilia. And i'm a Batman fan.

JDAhmanson: Elijah, did you get the CD-ROM we made for your birthday?

Guest EJW: J.D., yes I got the CD-ROM. It was so special. I really enjoyed it. You are all very talented.

BRADPITT31: Elijah do have a girlfriend

Guest EJW: BradPitt31, No I don't have a girlfriend.

AMovieFan1: ELIJAH: Here's an easy one.. what's your favorite movie, and why?

Guest EJW: AMovie, Star Wars trilogy are my favorite.

HolmsTaylr: Do you respond to mail?

Guest EJW: HolmsTaylr, I can't because I don't have time to respond to everyone.

JDAhmanson: Elijah, I think you sing great! Do you play any musical instruments, too?

Guest EJW: J.D., I have a guitar, but I don't know how to play yet.

BRADPITT31: When is the zoo due out?

Guest EJW: BradPitt31, Zoo isn't happening.

HolmsTaylr: I hear you like the game MYST

Guest EJW: HolmsTaylr, yes, I love Myst. I enjoy the puzzles.

JDAhmanson: What about fencing? How did you get interested in it?

Guest EJW: J.D. I got interested in fencing because it was a sport I thought I could do without competing.

MarkNucera: Is unrealistic for a teen to direct?

Guest EJW: Mark, not at all, it depends on a person's experience and knowledge of the business.

JDAhmanson: Andy: Which of your characters was the most like you? The least like you?

Guest EJW: Andy, I'm happier than most of my characters. The least like me was probably Mark in the Good Son

Rae1928: What'd you like THE BEST about THE GOOD SON?

Guest EJW: Rae, I liked the stunts we did on the Good Son.

BRADPITT31: What's your next movie 'Lij ( can I call you that )

Guest EJW: BradPitt31, maybe Flipper.

Lionrobby: Elijah, What actors and actresses your age would you like to work with?

Guest EJW: Lion, none that I can think of.

Moosiemoo: OK, Not really a religion question... more an experience question . In Avalon. and North(IMHO) you played Jewish characters How do you think this made the roles more or less challenging for you?

Guest EJW: Moosiemoo, it wasn't much of a challenge in that way because I didn't speak or act of the Jewish religion.

Rae1928: I love Good Son so much I went to MA and MN...where did you guys stay in MN?!!

Guest EJW: Rae, I stayed near Duluth.

JDAhmanson: Elijah, have you ever considered doing episodic television? How about theatre?

Guest EJW: J.D., I don't want to get stuck into a continuous pattern and typecasting is a fear of mine. i'm open to theatre.

AMovieFan1: (Sorry couldn't think of anything else - forgot my question!)

Rae1928: Movie FAn: That's a cute question! : )

Guest EJW: laughing

MMIKE123: What is your favorite thing to do? --- e.g. soccer .. reading

Guest EJW: MMike123, my favorite thing to do is rollerblade.

Lionrobby: Of all your Costars, who were the most enjoyable To work with? What was the last movie you saw

Guest EJW: Lion, Mel Gibson was a lot of fun to work with.

MelEli: Other than the Beatles, is there another band you like and what's your favorite song?

Guest EJW: MelEli, Smashing Pumpkins and favorite song is "Never Let Me Down"

MarkNucera: What colleges do you want to attend?

Guest EJW: MarkNucera, I would like to attend a good film school like USC.

HolmsTaylr: Did you like Massachusetts when you filmed Good Son

Guest EJW: HolmsTaylr, I loved Massachusetts!

CRJ5580844: Excellent taste Elijah. Have you ever listened to rock from the stretch of 1965 to 1969?

Guest EJW: CRJ55, yes, I'm a big fan of Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon and the Beatles.

BRADPITT31: Elijah have you ever been to Disneyland?

Guest EJW: BradPitt31, I've been to Disneyland quite a few times. I like it a lot.

MMIKE123: What is a typical day like for you? (I hope that wasn't dumb)

Guest EJW: MMike123, I take care of my pets, do school work, exercise somehow and play on my computer.

MarkNucera: What's your reaction to the death of John Lennon?

Guest EJW: MarkNucera, I wasn't aware when it happened, but looking back I feel terrible. It was talent wasted.

BRADPITT31: Did you enjoy being in Paula's video?

Guest EJW: BradPitt31, yes I had a great time. It was a great experience for my first job.

Yeti667: You play DOOM?

Guest EJW: Yeti, I've never played Doom.

Rae1928: Oh What kind of Macintosh do you have, Elijah?

Guest EJW: Rae, I have a PowerPC 6100.

MMIKE123: Do you still have a private tutor, or do you go to school?

Guest EJW: MMike, I have a private tutor.

CRJ5580844: I train and raise dogs which turns out to be a lot of exercise. You should try it Elijah.

Guest EJW: CRJ, I get tired playing with my dog too.

Rae1928: Oh OH!! Do you watch FRIENDS and MAD ABOUT YOU?!!!!

Guest EJW: Rae, I watch both Mad About You and Friends once in a while. I like Mad About You better.

MMIKE123: I was wondering .. Does your sister also use the tutor or does she get to go to school?

Guest EJW: MMike, my sister also gets tutored.

Hthiedeman: Elijah, in Elijah's World #2, was that your weekend schedule?

Guest EJW: Hthiedeman, no, that was my weekday schedule.

Moosiemoo: Elijah, Have you been on Star Tours.. what did you think

Guest EJW: Moosiemoo, I thought Star Tours was great. George Lucas does a great job of expanding the empire.

Moosiemoo: Who's your favorite co-star from North?

Guest EJW: Jon>Moosie, that's a tough one. Too many nice people.

JDAhmanson: Elijah, you should see the "Star Wars" trilogy on laser disc. It's awesome!

Guest EJW: J.D. I wish I had a laserdisc player : (

MarkNucera: Please answer my question, how do you feel when people say don't turn out to be another River Phoenix

Guest EJW: MarkNucera, I feel that it's an important piece of advice. But I would never ruin myself with drugs.

AMovieFan1: How much money do you have in your pockets right now? (another one of THOSE questions.. :))

Guest EJW: AMovieFan1, zero.

JDAhmanson: This is Andy: Elijah, do you enjoy watching your own movies?

Guest EJW: Andy>J.D.,maybe once.

Lionrobby: What were the Last 3 movies you saw at the Theater?

Guest EJW: Lion, I saw Muriel's Wedding, Tommy Boy, and Immortal Beloved.

Elijah4648: Elijah, what's the weirdest gift you've ever gotten from a fan?

Guest EJW: Elijah4648, I haven't gotten anything weird.

BRADPITT31: What is it like being a star?

Guest EJW: BradPitt31, i'm not a star. Stars are nothing but a ball of gas. I believe I'm an actor to have fun and to try and make a difference for the positive.

JDAhmanson: What places have you visited in the world as result of being an actor? What's your favorite?

Guest EJW: J.D. I have visited England, South Carolina, Mass., NY, MN,NV, TX, etc.

MMIKE123: What was the last CD you purchased? Any significant reason?

Guest EJW: MMike123, I bought the new Cranberries CD because I'm going to be in a video of theirs called "Ridiculous Thoughts".

Wolftrak25: Have you enjoyed the time with us and will you come back??

Wolftrak25: or did we drive you nutz... =]

Guest EJW: Wolftrak25, I have had a great time talking to you all, and we'll do it again sometime! : )

Guest EJW: Bye Everyone!!

Guest EJW: I'll come back sometime.

OnlineHost: Guest EJW has left the room.

Roby32
Utente EWI
Contatta:

Messaggioda Roby32 » 15/07/2008, 10:49

io sono rimasta alle prime due interviste grazie x averle postate...molte volte elijah ha detto ke gli piace l'italia soprattutto venezia anche me piace....poi sto pensando ho i capelli scuri un ccento italiano se vuole posso anchefare un accento sul napoletano bè sono io la sua donna è normale ke sta aspettando me giusto? :lol: :lol: cosa dicono le ultime interviste nn ci capisco nnt. :roll: povera me.
I love Elijah wood

eliyah
Utente EWI

Messaggioda eliyah » 15/07/2008, 20:27

roby, in questi giorni non ho proprio tempo... appena mi ritaglio uno spazio, cerco di tradurre le interviste (sempre in modo cagnesco :lol: )

Roby32
Utente EWI
Contatta:

Messaggioda Roby32 » 16/07/2008, 13:04

grazie è ke queste due interviste sono davvero lunghissime è inutile ke mi cimento xkè già so kome và a finire ,ke nn ci capisco nnt. :cry:
I love Elijah wood

vale88
Utente EWI

Messaggioda vale88 » 16/07/2008, 14:39

Belle e davvero molto interessanti, fa piacere leggerle, per adesso ne ho letti alcuni pezzi perchè vado di fretta ( sto preparando la valigia per stasera ehehehe ) ma appena tornerò da Vulcano le leggerò tutte con calma, per me alla fine non è difficile capirle, magari mi traduco di tanto in tanto se c'è qualche frase o parola che non comprendo bene, anzi mi aiutano a capire un pò di più l'inlgese.... :D !!!
... You are my sunshine, my only sunshine ...
kiss Elijah

Roby32
Utente EWI
Contatta:

Messaggioda Roby32 » 17/07/2008, 14:29

quando torni vale?
I love Elijah wood

=Frodina91=
Utente EWI
Contatta:

Messaggioda =Frodina91= » 22/07/2008, 16:55

grazie 1000!!! cmq si sarebbe meglio x noi se tu ce la facessi a tradurle... ma se nn puoi è uguale ::06::
Immagine

eliyah
Utente EWI

Messaggioda eliyah » 23/07/2008, 18:00

Ragazze, ho tradotto la prima (in modo un po’ cagnesco). Pian piano tradurrò anche le altre. Sono diventata la traduttrice ufficiale, anche se scommetto che ce ne sono più brave in questo sito
Nickelodeon Magazine Interview (Aug 1994 - Sept 1994)
Source: Blue

NM. Di che parla “North” (N.B.: genitori cercasi in italiano)?
EW. E’ una commedia su un ragazzo che è il più bravo ragazzo della scuola, e i suoi genitori non lo apprezzando (o comprendono) e non gli prestano attenzione. Così decide di trovare nuovi genitori, e va in giro per il mondo per trovarli.

NM. Nel film, quail erano I tuoi genitori preferiti (ideali)?
EW. Probabilmente I Nelsons. Sono una famiglia suburban stile anni ‘50. Mi sono piaciuti loro e la famiglia in Alaska.

NM. Hai girato il film in Alaska e in tutti quei posti in giro per il mondo?
EW. No. Era tutto girato in un set a Hollywood.

NM. Se potessi visitare qualsiasi luogo nel mondo, quale sarebbe?
EW. Parigi sembra bello. E venezia- Vorrei andare (salire) in una di quelle gondole.

NM. Qual è la tua scena preferita nel film?
EW. Una scena in cui vado in un campo con un gruppo di Amish. Sbarcò lì con un jet privato. Dicono cose tipo “, "Thou brothers art named Ezekiel." E io dico, "Questo è fantastico, ho sempre soganto una vita senza l’onnipresente seccatura dell’elettricità”. Ma dopo dico "Aspetta un momento, Credo di aver dimenticato my butter churn in the overhead compartment." E torno nell’aereo e dico, "Floor it!" L’aereo sfreccia via. E’ la più bella.

NM. I tuoi veri genitori sono come quelli del film?
EW. Niente affatto. Mia mamma e mio papa mi prestano attenzione quando parlo.

NM. Hai mai pensato di prenderti dei nuovi genitori?
EW. No. Be’, forse una volta.

NM. Fai delle faccende domestiche in casa?
EW. Pulisco la mia camera e spazzolo il cane. Abbiamo tre bearded collies. E mi prendo cura dei conigli che abbiamo.

NM. Quanti animali vivono in casa tua?
EW. Tre cani, tre conigli, e due gatti.

NM. Quante sorelle o fratelli hai?
EW. Ho un fratello di 20, mia sorella ne ha 10. Io ne ho 13.

NM. Vai d’accordo con loro?
EW. Vado d’accordo con mio fratello molto più di quanto vada d’accordo con mia sorella. Lei e io abbiamo la tendenza a litigare. Ma giochiamo anche a basket insieme.
NM. Chi vince?
EW. Mia sorella. E’ molto brava.

NM. Come ti educano I tuoi genitori?
EW. Mi tolgono I privilegi. Ad esempio, se non vado a letto in tempo, perdo la mia serata che dura fino a tardi il venerdì oppure non posso ascoltare i CD.

NM. A che ora vai a letto?
EW. Sono a letto alle 7:30. Leggo fino alle 9.

NM. Come sei entrato nel mondo della recitazione?
EW. Ero un modello. Non un vero grande modello, ma facevo sfilate e cose così. Un giorno, sono andato alla convention di moda a Los Angeles, e sono stato scoperto lì.

NM. Qual è stato il tuo primo lavoro da attore?
EW. Il video musicale di Paula Abdul "Forever Your Girl". Ho interpretato un direttore d’affari di un’azienda ed ero seduto dietro a una scrivania.

NM. Come decidi quail ruoli interpretare?
EW. Un copione deve prima passare nelle mani di mia madre. Se le piace, dopo lo prendo io e lo leggo.

NM. Lavorando su “Genitori cercasi”, devi aver preso qualche bella idea su come aumentare le tue libertà e ridurre le faccende domestiche da fare. you must have picked up some good ideas on how to get your parents to increase your allowance while reducing chores. Qualche consiglio?
EW. La cosa triste ma vera è che non c’è modo. Ci ho provato.

Extra Facts

Qual è il tuo gico preferito?
Rebel Assault. E’ un gioco di Star Wars e amo tutto quello che ha a che fare con Star Wars.

Quale invenzione vorresti vedere nel futuro?
Un teletrasportatore. Se vuoi andare a Disneyland (ha la fissa di Disneyland! Che grande!), “impachetti” (oppure prepari le tue valigie con la famiglia) la tua famiglia nel teletrasportatore e -boom- sei lì. Tutto costa due dollari a viaggio e puoi andare dovunque. Devi solo sapere il numero di telefono della destinazione, perché viaggi attraverso la linea del telefono.

Torna a “MultiMedia”